Tuesday, September 16, 2008

She's Crafty

Okay, so I don't really "get around" these days. Quite frankly, there's very little crafting going on either. However, last Sunday dearest husband took the baby on errands so I could start (and finish) my first sewing project in months. Thanks to a pattern posted by pinngurl I was able to get my craft on in less than three hours. Given that at least one of those three hours was spent locating craft supplies, this is a craft I will be doing again. Oh, so you want to know what I made?


May I present the baby smock:

It's made from just one piece of fabric, and if you have a serger or zig zag stitch on your machine (which I don't) the construction time would be more like thirty minutes. I covered mine in rick rack because I heart rick rack and only women who wear hoop skirts and vacuum the house in pearls can wear rick rack. Babies, of course, are immune to all fashion sense and look smashing in vintage florals and decorative cord and just about everything else.


I have a big stack of baby crafting ideas, and a few stalled on the needles, but this is first in many many months that I've actually finished. And that feels really good.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cute! I so admire people who can sew. I don't even do buttons.

I still have my "make dirt not war" pin. I keep it by my worm bin. :)

pinngurl said...

Adorable!! The rickrack is a very nice touch. And what a sweet little model :)