Sunday, March 04, 2012

It's Spring... Isn't It?

We're almost a week in to March now, the temperature is edging up at a steady pace, and I no longer feel the need to sleep in my Adidas track suit. Surely winter must be over and spring just around the corner.


But it doesn't feel that way. I seem to be in a bit of a nasty funk lately. My work commute is catching up to me, and the added stress of figuring out all the yochien stuff, and trying to work enough privates after school to pay for our increased costs is wearing on me. Still, that doesn't really explain the extreme crankiness (Nils would use another, more choice word starting with B). I suppose I should make use of my health insurance and go to the doctor. See if there's something wrong with my hormones, or something. But that would just mean more difficulties communicating and probably trying a few doctors before finding one that actually wants to listen to me. Besides that, I just plain old dislike doctors.

So here I am, stuck in a grouchy funk, feeling bitter that I somehow got stuck with the highest cost of living in the most difficult location for a non-Japanese spouse to find work. Grrrr...

Any recommendations for chilling out and feeling better? I don't need to make lemonade out of lemons so much as I need to stop seeing lemons when I've just been handed a perfectly acceptable bag of mikans. I want to feel as good as this picture looks.


No comments: