I know it’s been a long time since I last posted, but I feel there’s really not much to say. The weather is headed towards rainy season. The frogs are out in abundance looking for a little night time love. The hydrangeas are beginning to bloom. New rubber boots are lined up at the door waiting for use. Normally I enjoy rainy season. (I may be the only person in all of Japan to say that.) But this year the rain seems to have lost its way. That leaves us with warm weather and humidity. Lots and lots of humidity. In fact, I’m pretty sure my bottom has now merged with the ancient naugahyde upholstery on my office chair at this very moment.
I’m not the only one thrown off by the lack of rain. Olive has had a straight week of sleep battles, meaning everyone in the family is worn out and cranky. I think I’m pretty close to the sleep deprivation hallucinations that plagued my early parenting years. As someone who used to sleep and sleep and sleep as a child I am utterly mystified how my kid ended up to be such a firm non-believer in sleep. Hopefully the rain will come around soon and we can all get back to a regular sleep schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment