Last night I had a good, but insensitive, friend ask me if I was "completely miserable". While I can only assume this was one man's attempt to be sympathetic about the rumored horrors of pregnancy, I told him exactly where to shove it. To be honest, I created this blog to serve as a place to vent my anxieties and irritations for the next 9 months. Most women, when asked about their pregnancy or child birth experience, will go on about the vomit, hemmeroids, and forceps. People don't talk enough about how good baking a baby can be. So here's a quick list of some of the nicer things that come with being knocked up.
1. I no longer feel self conscious about the chub around my belly button. No longer do I wait for a "thin day" to wear my super tight dresses. People just assume it's the baby and congratulate me on looking so fabulous.
2. I don't feel guilty about sleeping all day, forgoing chores, or ordering take out instead of cooking. I need the rest and everything else can wait- or DH can do it.
3. I no longer wake up with a hangover after a night of DJ'ing.
4. It's never an issue who the designated driver will be.
5. I finally have something in common with my mother.
6. I get to buy new clothes!
7. I get to be a model, even though I am neither thin nor tall.
8. My husband is the sweetest he's been since we started dating 8 years ago.
9. If it stays down I get to eat it.
10. There are always free (soft) drinks at the bars, complementary guac on my burrito, and extra egg rolls in my Chinese take-out.
11. Being light on cash means the government ponies up the money for every cent of my medical bills.
12. My skin is clearing up for the first time in my life.
13. I look radiant without makeup again.
14. No one questions my need to call in sick.
15. I no longer have to explain why I'm not working a full time, "real" job.
16. My priorities have never been so clear.
No comments:
Post a Comment