Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's Getting Hot in Here...

Don't worry, I'm still wearing clothes- sort of. But it is effing hot!! I was bitching about the heat to my mother last night and she dusted off the "summer's so tough when you're pregnant" nugget of wisdom. Um, no... summer's so tough when it's 98 degrees out side and only one window in your apartment will open. I'll admit 95 with 27% humidity isn't all that bad. This time last year I'd be suffering 95 with 85% humidity in the concrete oven that is Tokyo. I'll take bay breezes and shade trees thank you very much. Summer here usually tops out at 75 or 80 so we don't bother investing in things like air conditioning and windows that open are considered a novelty item. So what's a pregnant girl to do? Dress in her finest mumu and crack open a case of Otter Pops. Mmm... Little Orphan Orange. If only there was a kiddie pool of slushies to recline in...

No comments: